Motorcycle Insurance Quote Forms
Looking for coverage? Click any of the following links to submit a quote for quick, accurate and affordable rates.
Motorcycle Insurance Options
for Clients Throughout Big Spring, Lubbock, Lamesa, Stanton, Colorado City, Shallow Water, TX & Beyond
How is Motorcycle Insurance Different from Auto Insurance?
Nearly every state requires you to have auto insurance for your car and it’s the same for having a motorcycle; you must have car insurance for your motorcycle.
Motorcycle insurance for motorcycles works in almost the same way as auto insurance for cars. You can select varying degrees of coverage under the different components of your car insurance policy to make sure you’re getting the right amount of coverage for your needs.
When you have insurance through Pirkle Weir Insurance Agency, you can specifically select motorcycle insurance and even bundle your car and motorcycle insurance policies. Either way, insurance for your motorcycle protects you from liability to yourself, to the other party in an accident, or to passengers. Motorcycle insurance also protects you from the theft of or damage to your bike, including both collisions with other vehicles and with stationary hazards. Stay protected out on the open road - contact our full-service independent insurance agency today to learn more about our motorcycle insurance policies or to request a free quote! As one of the leading car insurance companies, our licensed agents are proud to help motorcyclists throughout Big Spring, Lubbock, Lamesa, Stanton, Colorado City, Shallow Water, Wolfforth, Levelland, TX, and the surrounding areas.
Why Do I Need Motorcycle Insurance in Big Spring & Lubbock, TX?
You'll enjoy being out on your motorcycle on the open road even more when you're not worried about the safety of yourself, your passengers or your investment. Here are a few things to consider if you’re on the fence about purchasing motorcycle insurance:
- If you're in an accident or your motorcycle is stolen, it costs money, often a lot of money, to fix or replace it.
- If you or a passenger is injured in an accident, medical costs can be extremely expensive.
- If your motorcycle is responsible for damage or injury to others, you may be sued for much more than you're worth.
- Your motorcycle may be one of your most prized possessions. It deserves special protection.
Tips for the Cost-Conscious Motorcyclist
Many factors can play a role in determining what your insurance costs will be such as your age, your driving record, where you live and the type of motorcycle you own. Being a graduate of a rider-training course can also impact your insurance policy’s price. When you’re looking to get the most out of your motorcycle insurance policy, consider these tips:
- Many companies offer discounts from 10 to 15 percent on motorcycle insurance for graduates of training courses, such as the Motorcycle Safety Foundation (MSF) rider course. Riders under the age of 25, usually considered a higher risk, may see some savings by taking this course. It's also a good idea for cyclists who have already had accidents.
- Maintaining a good driving record with no violations will also help reduce your premiums.
- In many northern states, riders may save money by buying a "lay-up" policy. With a lay-up policy, all coverage except comprehensive is suspended during winter months.
- Find out what discounts your insurance representative offers. Multi-bike discounts for those insuring more than one bike, organization discounts, if you're a member of a motorcycle association, and mature rider discounts for experienced riders, are just a few possibilities. Discounts can range anywhere from 10 percent to 20 percent, depending on the company and your state. Availability and qualifications for discounts vary from company to company and state to state.
- Keep in mind that the type, style (such as a sports bike vs. a cruiser) and age of the motorcycle, as well as the number of miles you drive a year and where you store your bike may also affect how much you pay for your premium.
Whether you’ve just purchased a motorcycle in the Big Spring or Lubbock, TX areas, or you’re shopping around for a better motorcycle insurance policy, Pirkle Weir Insurance Agency should be your first call. We have affordable insurance options to make sure you stay covered no matter what happens.